Sunday, April 13, 2008

Episode 1: A Whole New Blog

Heya random peeps of cyberspace!

Welcome to the first entry of my newest foray into the blogging world. This is essentially going to be an outlet for all my specifically comedy and improv related musings.

A couple of years ago I had the incredible fortune to be able to spend almost a whole month training in the USA with the likes of Second City, an amazing solo improv coach by the name of Daena Giardella, a musical improv intensive with the genius himself Michael Pollock and some one-on-one time with LA's resident comedy guru, Steve Kaplan. During that time I also arranged to interview a ton of interesting people in the comedy and improv world (mainly improv, actually, now that I think about it!) including folks from Upright Citizens Brigade, Chicago City Limits, the People's Improv Theatre, Second City and more.

I'm currently hauled up just outside of Calgary, Canada, where I am extremely privileged and excited to be training regularly with the highly esteemed Loose Moose Theatre.

This little spiel is not intended to be a name-dropping fiesta, but simply a vivid demonstration that over the past couple of years especially, I have learned TONS from quite a number of different very amazing sources. So much, in fact, that I am still digesting - and continue to ingest more - the stuff that's come up.

Hence...this blog. It's partly selfish, in that I get to have an excuse to process different aspects of performance (which for the most part, I'm thinking at this stage, will be filtered through a comedic lens) but also to try to put some of this stuff out there in the hope that there are people out there who might benefit from it too.

We'll see!

3 comments:

Merrilee said...

yay! improv!
more blogs!
woot all round

Jenny Wynter said...

You're on here Mezza, double woot!

bestcomedycoach said...

There are many ways to learn comedy coaching. Thanks you for writing the good tips. I like it. Comedy Coaching